Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meetings and Musings

Yesterday we had a full day of teachers meetings. Is it normal to sit in a meeting and not have the slightest idea what they are trying to tell you. Sometimes I feel like people are speaking a different language than I speak myself. I hope this is a common occurrence among teachers. But seriously I'm completely lost. I have no idea what anyone is talking about ever. I want to ask but you see I really don't care. Ignorance is bliss. I may be happier not knowing. I feel like raising my hand and asking may I please go back to planet art? That's sort of what I feel like, all of these people are on the same page with pencils and I'm on a canvas with a paintbrush. I didn't even get the book their reading, instead I got a poster....with a non-objective splatter painting on it.

But after the meetings that I have no idea what I was supposed to get out of, I got some time to work in my classroom. I hung up art for the first time this semester, I was behind. Now my hallway has some much needed color and my seventh graders are thrilled. My room is a little cleaner and more organized. I threw a ton of things away. What is it with keeping junk? I've felt for years I had this terrible tendency, but I've recently realized I don't, certainly not by comparison to other teachers, or people in general.

I am thinking of starting an Artist of the month. I can't decide the rules, shall I have one student per class or one for all of my students? Should I choose a boy and a girl or just one. I can't decide.

I also got told I looked hot today from a student.....a girl student. Weird right?

No comments:

Post a Comment