Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sick

Today I feel sick. I am homesick, physically sick, people sick, tired sick, cold sick and the list could go on and on. I am ready for the weekend on Tuesday morning. I'm a first year high school art teacher alone in a tiny town. Kids are strange, I am strange, I'm not sure what I'm doing at all. I don't know what I'm teaching next hour. My trash can at school hasn't been emptied all year, yuck. The kids are bigger than me, they talk back. Can you imagine my surprise as a first year teacher when high school students back talked me? It's terrible! Why are they so mean? I am not sure how to make them be nicer. I am sure that my problems are slight by comparison to some other teachers. I am very fortunate to have walked into a good situation. But still, it's very overwhelming. There are so many new things. It's new for me to be told the problems of my students. Problems I wouldn't have dreamed of revealing to my art teacher when I was their age. Lesson after lesson hour after hour the days fly by and I keep wondering, am I going to get the hang of this? I guess we'll see. Here comes another class...gotta teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment